John is a senior litigation attorney at Duckor Metzger & Wynne. His experience includes the representation of entities and individuals in multiple types business or personal litigation.
John co-chairs the firm’s employment practice group. He has handled numerous wrongful termination, discrimination and wage and hour cases through trial or arbitration on behalf of a wide range of businesses. In addition to litigating such cases, he has represented employers in administrative proceedings, advised on employment practices and assisted in negotiating employment and severance agreements on behalf of both management and senior employees. He has over 30 years of experience in this field and has been recognized for years as a top lawyer in the employment litigation category for the San Diego area.
He also has extensive litigation and trial experience in real estate, contract, intellectual property and trust and estate disputes. John’s representation in intellectual property litigation includes handling patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, unfair competition and related cases. He has tried four patent jury cases to verdict.
John has been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). In addition to consistently receiving an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating® by Martindale-Hubbell for Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property Law, as published in American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel, John has been recognized as a San Diego Super Lawyer from 2007-2021 for his employment litigation practice. John was also recognized as a San Diego Top Attorney 2010, 2017-2021.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated®, Labor and Employment Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated®, Intellectual Property Law
- San Diego Top Attorney 2010, 2017-2021
- Super Lawyers 2007-2021, Employment Litigation
Memberships & Community Involvement
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- San Diego Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Former Director
- San Diego County Bar Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Former Board Member and President
- Barrister’s Club of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Former President
- National Lawyers Association
- Thomas More Society
- Irish American Bar Association
- Catholic Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
John has presented on numerous occasions on the subjects of employment law, civil procedure and trial practice.