We focus on great client service and great relationships. Will you join us?
We believe that having high-caliber, dedicated attorneys and staff is essential to providing legal services that meet our clients’ expectations. We are committed to hiring those individuals who perform at the highest level of service and ethical standards. We welcome candidates to submit their resumes at any time.
Duckor Metzger & Wynne, APLC’s attorneys and staff members are a hard-working and dedicated team. We value and encourage work-life balance. The firm has a top-down culture of collegiality and collaboration: we work together in harmony, and we play together because we enjoy being with each other. Throughout the year, DMW organizes and hosts a variety of activities for the team, including a day at the ballpark, outings to nearby attractions like Sea World and regular opportunities to share and mingle during the work week. In addition, the firm offers a number of educational opportunities so attorneys can continually learn and grow in their practices.
In support of the next generation of lawyers, DMW is pleased to offer a summer associate program and our attorneys participate in on-campus recruiting events at area accredited law schools. DMW’s summer associates receive hands-on and varied experiences.
It is DMW’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants, interns and employees in accordance with applicable law. It makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. DMW prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender identity (whether or not an individual is transitioning or has transitioned) and sex stereotyping, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information (including genetic information), military status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Employment Litigation and Transactional Attorney
Duckor Metzger & Wynne, A Professional Law Corporation (DMW), has an opening for an associate in our Employment Practice Group. The ideal candidate will have two to four years of employment litigation and counseling experience; however, our partners are willing to train the right candidate with business litigation experience and a desire to practice employment law.
We are currently not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at DMW. Therefore, the firm highly encourages working in the office approximately 60% of the time and in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- Graduated with a JD or LLM from an ABA-accredited law school;
- Admitted to the California Bar;
- Two to four years’ experience working with employment or business litigation matters, including experience drafting and responding to initial pleadings and discovery, taking depositions, and drafting motions; experience handling EEOC complaints, administrative hearings is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, highly organized, and attention to detail; and
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a very comfortable office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephones, printers, and copiers.
DMW maintains a COVID-19 vaccination policy. All successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
Compensation and Benefits
- The salary range reflects a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience, education, licensure and/or certifications, geographic location, market demands and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for a position. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this position is $105,000 – $130,000.
- DMW offers a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, inclusive of conventional and unconventional law firm benefits and perks such as:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (PPO and HMO options)
- Dependent coverage, including domestic partners, is available
- Life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health Savings Accounts, with qualifying health plan selection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cancer Guardian
- Pet Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) participation
- Paid parking
Please submit resume to:
Duckor Metzger & Wynne
101 W. Broadway, Suite 1700, San Diego, CA 92101