Duckor Metzger & Wynne, APLC Shareholder Rose Huelskamp Serrano is an experienced litigator who advises and represents individuals and corporations in civil litigation, including employment, commercial and business-related matters.
Rose’s employment litigation experience includes defending employers in the private and public sectors against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, and representative actions under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA). She has also successfully represented employers in administrative proceedings. In addition, Rose advises and counsels employers on a variety of employment issues to help avoid litigation. Rose’s appellate court work includes a published opinion from the California Court of Appeal regarding an arbitration clause dispute in a sexual harassment case.
Her commercial and business litigation practice focuses on the representation of businesses and individuals in matters involving contract disputes, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, interference with business relationships, business dissolutions, disputes over non-compete and non-solicitation clauses, shareholder and partnership disputes, and class action suits.
Rose also handles trust and probate litigation, successfully representing clients in trust and will contests, elder abuse claims, accounting disputes and breach of fiduciary duty claims. She serves as chair of DMW’s Estate Planning and Probate Practice group.
Rose has achieved the highest peer review rating of AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell for her legal ability and ethical standards and has appeared on the San Diego Super Lawyers Employment Law list.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation, 2023
- San Diego Top Attorney, 2017-2021, Employment Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated®, Employment Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated®, Probate Litigation
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court (alumni)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego, Board of Directors
Publications & Presentations
- “Employment Law Update: What Employers Need to Know in 2023 and Beyond,” DMW publication, March 13, 2023
- “New Significant Requirements for Employer Pay Transparency & Reporting Under SB-1162 – Government Code § 12999; Labor Code § 432.3,” DMW publication, Oct. 26, 2022