Duckor Metzger & Wynne, APLC’s Employment & Labor Law practice is dedicated to protecting client’s business interests while ensuring employees are treated fairly and within compliance with state and federal employee and labor laws. With a team of experienced employment and labor law attorneys well-versed in the complexities of workplace regulations, DMW provides proactive legal solutions tailored to an employer’s specific needs.
DMW’s employment litigation team has successfully tried and arbitrated numerous employment cases in state and federal court and on appeal. The attorneys also represent clients at administrative hearings.
DMW represents clients in the following types of employment matters:
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage and Hour
- Sexual Harassment
- Pregnancy and Religious Accommodation
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Employment Contracts
- Privacy and Defamation
- Stock Option and Related Compensatory Awards
- Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) Claims
- Class Actions
- Whistleblower Claims
DMW also advises and represents clients in proceedings before administrative agencies, including the following:
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- California Employment Development Department
- California Labor Commissioner
- U.S. Department of Labor
DMW’s employment attorneys counsel clients on all phases of the employment relationship, beginning with the recruiting and hiring process through the termination of the employment relationship, whether voluntary or involuntary.
DMW’s attorneys assist employers with the preparation and review of employment-related documents, such as offer letters, employment agreements, employee policies and handbooks, separation and release agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements and stock option and equity award agreements.
DMW assists clients with California and federal wage and hour laws compliance. In addition, the Firm’s Employment & Labor Law attorneys guide clients through the maze of California and federal statutes and regulations that govern the employer-employee relationship.
DMW regularly conducts audits and compliance reviews of business employment practices as well.
The Firm’s Employment & Labor Law attorneys represent and counsel clients on a variety of employment-related matters including:
- Hiring Practices
- Offer Letters and Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Relationships
- Termination of Employment
- Separation and Release Agreements
- California and Federal Wage and Hour Laws
- Employee Handbooks and Policies
- Leaves of Absence, Including FMLA and CFRA Leaves
- Drug and Alcohol Screening and Testing
- Privacy Rights
- Protection of Trade Secrets or Proprietary Information
- Nonsolicitation and Noncompete Agreements
- Unfair Competition
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Employees with Disabilities, Including the Interactive Process and Providing Reasonable Accommodations
- California and Federal Administrative Proceedings
- Counseling Employees and Progressive Discipline
- WARN Act Notices and Requirements